The Teton brand has long been a popular choice among outdoorsmen and women for anything from hiking, camping, long walks, mountain living, and survivalists. This highly rated brand has brought us many popular and reliable backpacks that make this brand a go-to choice for many.
Model: Sports Explorer 4000 Internal Frame Backpack
The TETON Sports Explorer 4000 Internal Frame Backpack is one such popular pack for the adventurer and active explorer.
Take a look at a our full list of hiking articles, featuring gear and advice, on our Homepage!
Design & Features
The Explorer 4000 is a great pack for day-long and multi-day hiking and camping. It is adjustable to fit both large and small frames, with features that can adjust around the hips, chest, torso, and shoulders. Individuals from 5 ft. 1 in. to 6 ft. 4 in. tall can use this pack with ease.
The outer shell material is made of a durable 600D Diamond Ripstop, which is waterproof, ripproof, and perfect for a variety of environments.
With comfortable straps, you can hike with ease without taking the full weight of this pack on your shoulders. At only 5 pounds in weight, you can add your own gear both inside and out, and still have a nice, light pack.
The internal frame helps avoid shifting of gear, as well as hauling out meat, should you wish to go hunting. The cords, loops, straps, and mesh pockets on the exterior allows for additional attachment of gear, where it is convenient to reach.
The inside of this pack conveniently contains a padded bladder pocket for easy access. This bladder accommodates up to 3 Liters. The shoulder straps have hydration tube bungees so you can stall hydrated on the go without needing to stop and dig around in your pack.
There is also an additional, separate sleeping bag compartment for your sleeping gear.
The TETON Explorer 4000 can hold a liquid volume up to 101.4 fluid ounces, 65 Liters, and has an interior capacity of 4000 cubic inches. The exterior offers additional capacity for gear and necessities.
Specifications and Features:
- Shell: 600D Diamond Ripstop
- Internal Frame: Rugged, 4000 cu. In.
- Dual aluminum stays adjust to the contours of your back for comfort
- Size: 32 inches x 18 inches x 12 inches (full capacity)
- Capacity: 4000 cubic inches / 65 liters
- Liquid Volume: 101.4 Fluid Ounces
- Weight: 5 lbs
- Torso Length, Adjustable from: 19 inches to 23 inches
- Padded shoulder straps, padded waist belts, and padded lumbar area for maximum comfort (with airflow system to reduce heat)
- Separate sleeping bag compartment
- Includes a bright yellow rainfly
- Hydration system ready
- Waterproof zippers on side pockets
- Padded waist belt with wide and locking hip straps
- Pass through feature to carry tent or fishing poles
- Velcro on the center mesh pouch.
- Daisy chain loops to hang gear
- Double barrel-lock cinch cords on the main compartment
- Includes two spots for walking sticks
- Limited Lifetime Warranty
You can purchase the TETON Sports Explorer 4000 backpack with Internal Frame on Amazon.com for around $68.00 to $70.00, depending on the color chosen.
This TETON backpack model comes in two different colors: Grey/Black and Navy Blue/Black.
Overall, this backpack is perfect for not only camping, but especially for hiking. Whether you need something for day hikes or longer, this pack is lightweight and perfect for carrying all of the gear you need.
From padded, comfort straps to a durable exterior material that is perfect for nearly any rugged environment, this hydration ready backpack is the perfect multi-day gear.